Friday, March 16, 2012

Reading habit..



As I went through the official files in my chamber trying to recollect records pertaining to the previous task assigned to me six months back, I knew I was dealing with something more than apparently what I was doing....The internal struggle overpowered me and led me to ring at home, where my eight year old son was alone. I insisted him to get ready as I'll be coming to fetch him soon, to keep him with me at work..And I was shocked to hear him cry denying my proposal..Anyways, determined as I was, he was sitting besides me within an hour with his story book..He read aloud for me underlining the difficult words, then finding and writing their meanings in a note book. I knew he detested what he was doing, still it was better than sitting idle in front of an idiot box ! Soon, I found him enjoying what he did..


I wonder what else I shall do in the coming days to keep him busy till school reopens, hoping to instill interest for reading books in him at this stage.
Not much to share,
Bye for now..
For, indeed, 'tis a sweet and peculiar pleasure,
(And blissful is he who such happiness finds,)
To possess but a span of the hour of leisure,
In elegant, pure and aerial minds.
-John Keats




No comments:

Post a Comment