Friday, September 3, 2010

Janmashtami celebrations

When I woke up, it seemed it was too early to get up...tried to figure out what the clock said,...,dim light helped me doze off again...by the time tea was brought before me, I was told its eight thirty..."don't worry, you can sleep more...its holiday...". Oh yes!!! ....no duty, no hurry...kids were still asleep...clouds outside caused delusion of very early morning.
Both of us came outside to have glimpse of what our 'mali' (gardener) was up to...Last few days' downpours had made the lawn outgrown, weeds needed treatment. I felt peace with myself...I wish a mid week holiday should be a routine...every day rush just soaks up energy...meditating on my own philosophy of how to make best use of today...I wondered what should be done...
Laundry basket was vacant,... which added bliss,....kitchen was within norms of tidiness...I decided to do a bit of surfing...lets see what feed back on my newly constructed blogs and articles...
Wow, I was amazed to see the results...'The day ahead' was performing good, with audience from US more than India and page views more than seventy...it really made my day!!...Infobarrel's latest article on children manners fetched me maximum views...then coming to off beat 'Raksha Bandhan' gave me a comment (all sites mentioned in the side bar). 
Yeah...I'm enjoying my new found hobby...in fact it has become an obsession for me! 

After all the morning sessions, we headed towards 'Sai Mandir' at the outskirts of the city...there was rush as expected...still the atmosphere was spiritual with 'Sai-Dhun' in the background. 
After coming back, the rest of the day passed as usual...lunch, afternoon nap, in between interventions by dear Kukkoo...it was a relaxing day frankly...me and hubby had kept ourselves from 'fast' this year, with simple excuse of hectic Kukkoo episodes. 
At eight in the evening, had a visit of 'Kailash Ashram'. It carries nine years' old memories of 'Giri Ma', when we used to frequent it often. When I entered her room, I still felt her presence...certain souls remain with you forever...
I saw one of the old devotees, a lady sitting in the hall, listening to sanskrit shlokas from a boy. He seemed to be around ten years old...too learned for his age...We also sat beside them...It was amazing to see my both kids watching everything intently without any intention of chaos. The lady gave us an inviting smile and involved us in her story about dilemma regarding truth and lie...
The major event was yet to come...At home, the Lord was still to be born! At midnight our 'Laddoo Gopal' was bathed, worn new 'chola', and swung by each of us in tiny 'palna'. After Aarti 'Om Jai Jagdish', we had our 'prasad' of 'panchamrat' (milk, curd, sugar powder, honey and natural butter) and 'churan' (cooked wheat floor with added sugar and 'tulsi patta').
It was a satisfying experience...World is beautiful...Thank you, thank you, for this day, O Lord. Good Night.


No comments:

Post a Comment