Saturday, September 11, 2010

Extended Monsoons...

While coming down the stairs, I was awe struck by the picturesque beauty that had beholden the place. Monsoons had made everything look green. I was watching the most beautiful time  of the year for our campus.
It’s almost mid-September and every day Lord Indra showers his blessings on us. However, as beautiful, refreshing and poetic the monsoons may be, they bring with them their share of troubles. It was sunshine at nine in the morning, the sky was clear,....within few minutes dark clouds covered all over with heavy downpours. I had to clear the clothes line in haste...
Eye flu patients are increasing in every OPD, children seem more affected. I realized it’s so easy to preach everyone around to keep washing your hands (in case one has touched some infected object) and drink plenty of fluids to avoid cold and flu...whereas I doubt the cleanliness of the water supply...fear of water contamination has made it obligatory to boil and filter it...otherwise our campus’ water supply is considered safe for drinking. I had never before thought about possessing an RO (Reverse Osmosis) apparatus...
I had to ask ‘mali’ to put bowl of kerosene oil in between plants to avoid pests in my garden. Lots and lots of earthworms are spread around the porch and garage and I’ve to do efforts to let them go back to the soil to fertilize it...
Monkeys mischieves have become the order of the day...Every alternate day, they break open water tanks placed atop buildings...these days they’re also enjoying rains. They are so many in number that a single ‘langur’ brought by the administration is unable to frighten them...Only ‘Ram’ knows when people will get rid of this ‘Vaanar –Sena’?
 Yesterday evening, I had a chance to see two successive rainbows at around 5 p.m. just opposite the shining sun! If you have your experiences this season do share in the comments.
N'joy  and take care, Happy Rains!


No comments:

Post a Comment