Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The blue sky





Clear sunny skies are back...still we hear news of rivers overflowing the danger level.
Common Wealth Games ahead, lets keep our fingers crossed for the arrangements.
The monsoons have left roads in worse condition than before and one finds difficult to drive on such rough roads.
At home front, there is a bit of relief...the marathon of shifting clothes up and down seems to be over, and children are enjoying playing outside.
One can feel the winters approaching as fans suffice and air-conditioners are at rest.

Last week a special guest visited our house, no human but a 'langoor' to frighten away monkeys who broke our water tank on the terrace. Children from far and near came forward to shake hands with him, and he was also friendly enough...
With festival season approaching in few weeks, home projects are waiting to be executed. 'Nav-Ratras' followed by 'Dusshera', then 'Diwali' celebrations...so much to be done!
No matter what, I'll try my best not to stress out and over burden myself. There is already dearth of holidays, moreover Kukkoo keeps nights awaken...I know...I'll not be able to do much. If I try to do everything, I'll be left with two feelings. First, I'll feel overwhelmed. Then, when I'll come to know that I can't do everything, I'll feel like a failure.
Still I cannot resist the pleasure of de-cluttering each nook and corner of the house. Actually I consider that a little bit of effort once a year is delightful and pleasing for everyone...and lots of positive energy is no less a reward in return. This year my elder son is also looking forward to contribute his bit.

Last week on Thursday, when it was day of 'Ganesh-Visarjana', one of the senior lab technicians of the department lost his life in a road accident. This irreparable loss has led higher authorities to  impose an obligation from 1st October on those who drive two wheelers to wear helmets otherwise their attendance will be marked as absent. 
Other revolutionary but not novel compulsion is being imposed on public from 2nd October  (Gandhi Jayanti) onwards, and that is...'ban on plastics'. Its high time to get cloth bags with you on shopping. A decade ago, this city was so clean and peaceful. Now its totally different when one has to struggle for parking place.With so many automobiles in the city, a greener city is the need of today. It will be a good change to use bicycles in the campus (don't be surprised...remember AFMC, Pune??).
Two years back 'smoking in public places' was the target for ban on the same date...did you see any effects here? As for me, don't ask my last experience in the city's only movie theater...

No comments:

Post a Comment