Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Hats off to those who can swim..

              
              You can find me trying my hands on anything and everything on which my hands are laid on these days, as if this is the last moment I'm here..as my instincts tell me there's no stress ahead, this is the time to enjoy my best, no need waiting for some better moment..
My last post on music lessons was the result of same psychological impact..As its evident, my today's post is on swimming..Since childhood, I admired the swimming pool site, but never dared to enter in water..just watched others at a distance..Since last three or four years this suppressed desire was trying to make its presence felt whenever I heard my peer group going for swimming in summers..This year, luckily I got company of a friend who also was amateur in this sphere, and in no time both of us got our identity cards arranged for the nearby club. 
The first day proved to be a mere introduction to four feet depth water in the pool..Our coach soon approached us instructing how to hold breath in water and float..By day two, we were able to float with our heads down, and I was doing better than my companion, but this situation didn't prevail in coming days, as I had to go out of town. After two days absenteeism, I joined my friend who by now had gained quite buoyancy in her movements. Anyways, I took the help of a floater this time and as was in the mid way to the other end of the pool, the coach tried to change direction and this sudden interruption was enough for me to lose balance. As the float in my hands submerged below the water surface, the stream-lined balance was lost, I found myself fumbling for some support..My five feet long body in a four feet water depth failed to drown and luckily, somehow I found myself standing.. though in this surmountable effort drank quite an amount of water from the pool! 
For next ten minutes, I was walking in water with the floater in my hands instead of trying to float or swim watching others laugh at me and myself wondering where my courage gone..? 
Never mind, today's going to be my fifth day at the pool, hope one day I'll be included in the list of swimmers..!
Hopeful of better days,
Bye..

No comments:

Post a Comment