Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Debate



I was a known introvert person, so when my name was called among those who had to participate in debate, it was surprising for everyone and myself.
Still I had to prepare and when the final day arrived ...I forgot everything :(
No need to say, I felt bad indeed.
A year later when transferred to another city and new school, I went to the organizer and volunteered to participate in Debate.
I still remember the topic given was: "For proper development of student 'mind' is more important or 'heart'?".
I prepared it with my heart and soul and spoke against 'heart' winning first prize.
Surprised na?
Actually I practiced a lot...I mean day-night,...on the terrace,..in the garden,...in school bus,...wherever I went,...whatever I did, I spoke to imaginary spectators and improved each time.
I learnt, persistence is the key to anything...failures are no failures till you accept them.
My present colleagues know I am a good debater.
Don't you think despite favoring brain in the debate, it was my heart who led me to success in this area.
Keep trying!
I want to share something with you, hoping you'll like it as well...http://www.thepraveen.com/heart-vs-mind/

No comments:

Post a Comment