Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sing-sing-sing

Summer vacations with power cut off led to terrible nights. We cousins used to gather on terrace for 'Antakshari' as pass-time till lights returned.
Whenever someone asked me to sing, I wished I could do this job better.
I was not trained in music but I thought my voice was acceptable for humming alone in the bathroom.
Though I knew a few old melodies and bhajans from old hindi movies which came handy at that time, this was not always the case...
Once in my school days I prepared a song from film 'Madhumati' for a singing competition.
I wrote the lyrics on a paper and learned it.
When I reached on stage I was dumb struck and couldn't remember a word.
I fumbled for that piece of paper, but had dropped it somewhere.
Stage fright caught hold of me.
I simply gave up and at last came down without performing.
Poor show or No show...the first and the last one till now!

No comments:

Post a Comment