Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Infinite Ability

As Tilak Bridge station approached, most of the giggles, chatters and mobile tunes had subdued, and then I saw a familiar face.."Oh, Ma'am...you too?", and yes, she was a nice company to be with, though not for the rest of the day (she could have been!). I don't remember somehow, when I lost contact with her in one of the halls of the World Book Fare.. A psychiatrist and a writer, full of amazing telltales to enrich you, it was no doubt nice experience..

Now I was left alone to explore halls on my own..It was hall number one and there a banner caught my attention..an opportunity to see the writer in person, it was around three in the afternoon and still few more hours for me to leave, so I entered the stall of Pearson Publications..quite a number of people mostly youngsters stood there and I could hear an addressing voice on mike, clear and crisp, enough to arise curiosity to make you steer your way through the crowd standing there. There were few sitting too, all seats occupied..Anyways, I was not there to sit....the words captured attention, inspiring from a speaker who sat in a wheel chair. 

Navin Gulia, a severely physically challenged person with total paralysis neck down had also aroused a similar kind of curiosity and puzzle when he had entered the office of the Limca Book of Records around eight years back. He has made a record for a three-day nearly non-stop drive from New Delhi to Marsimik La, which is the highest motorable mountain pass in the world. He had designed the modifications of the vehicle, an old Maruti800 himself.

I stood there listening to his story of achievements of courage, conviction and the will to excel despite all odds. Then, there was questions' session, and there a young lady from the audience stood to ask " The book's title says "In Quest of the Last Victory".. your quest still there, why it's the last victory?", and the writer aptly answered that though not the last, still an example of a major victory for physically challenged persons like him..

As I was heading towards the exit with my copy of the motivational book signed by the author himself, I was musing about the line written by him, "Life is always beautiful.."; Read the book and know it yourself..it's worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment